Wednesday, August 30, 2023

On A Personal note.

  It was a busy summer health wise. Back in May I had a few days where I had a very slight chest pain, just a little uncomfortable. One morning sitting on the edge of the bed I had it again. I picked the dog up off the bed and put her on the floor, and broke out in a cold sweat, just lasted a minute or two. OK, I thought I'll mention this to the Doc when I went in for my immunotherapy. 

So I'm doing my follow up with the Doc while waiting for my blood work. I told him what had happened and off to the ER he sends me. Protocol apparently. I spent the next 8 hours at the ER getting poked and prodded, multiple blood draws. Nothing of note was found, so lets keep looking. Appointments were made for a chemical stress test and sonogram. Passed all the tests and apparently I'm at very low risk of heart problems, blood flow thru the valves and heart are all fine. Not having the pains anymore so I guess I'm good.

   Now on the cancer front I've been receiving  pembrolizumab (Keytruda) every three weeks for two years. The oncologist and I have discussed getting off it after two years and my body should be able to keep fighting on it's own. I was looking forward to that but my last CT scan on 8/9/23 showed a slight growth of the tumor in my upper lobe right lung. So treatments will continue. Dammit. The tumor on the salivary gland under my chin disappeared completely after the first couple of months and has not recurred.

   I now have a urologist. Blood in the urine for several days in July. I bring this up to the oncologist and get referred to said urologist. No pain in the lower back or while I pee. They had to digitally check my prostate first thing, apparently it could be a problem. All good there. Next a fucking camera up where it was never meant to go. Have to visually check out the badder. Note: Do not recommend. The nurse shoved a Q-Tip up there with some medicine to numb everything. I don't know her story or why she hates men. No pain but very uncomfortable, Bladder looked good. I had a few more days that month with some blood but none since. A mystery as to where the blood was from but since it stopped the Doc is satisfied and will see me in 6 months to get another medicare payment. 

 

   Yeah I'm worried but don't dwell on it. Life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. "Next a fucking camera up where it was never meant to go. Have to visually check out the badder. Note: Do not recommend. The nurse shoved a Q-Tip up there with some medicine to numb everything. I don't know her story or why she hates men. No pain but very uncomfortable, "

    I had the same test done this year and generally the same results that you had.
    I never saw the probe they shoved up my butt, but just guessing it was the size of a 76 Buick.

    Good that you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete

A Clusterfuck, who could have predicted that.

New York’s Ammunition Background Check System: An Expensive Wreck?   The database requires detailed personal information about the purchase...